Demo Virtual Machine
Connecting to Excel (XLSX)
Last Updated On
These are the steps needed to connect BiG EVAL to an Excel-file. It could be either a XLSX or an XLS file as well.
- Ensure that the folder where youre Excel file is located, can be accessed from the BiG EVAL server. Either on a local drive or using a network share.
- Ensure that the file can be accessesd by the BiG EVAL service account or a domain user you will configure in the “Credentials” dialog of the datasource.
- Create a new data source under “Environment” > “Datasources” and give it a name.
- Choose “Excel” as the type of the datasource.
- Change to the register “Excel”.
- Enter the path and filename of the Excel-file by using an absolute location.
- Enter the name of the Excel-Sheet you want to read data from into the “Sheet” textbox. An excel-sheet is a register within the excel-file.
- Enter the Cell-Area you want to read data from into the “Area” textbox. Use the Excel-Syntax.
The following example selects all cells starting at A1 until and including D10000.
If the cell-area should be a kind of dynamic, you should enter a larger area including some empty rows or columns. BiG EVAL only reads in cells that have a value. Therefore, empty cells will be filtered out automatically.
- Choose whether your cell-area includes a header-row.
- Change to the register “Columns”.
- Add all columns of the excel-file to the list. The names can differ from the ones in the excel-file. You can freely choose a convenient name.
- Save the datasource.
Table of Contents