As soon as you use a user defined URL for your BiG EVAL frontend, that either uses SSL/HTTPS or an HTTP-Port smaller or equal 1024 (or both together), you need to configure the Windows Security settings for the underlying Webserver-Infrastructure. The BiG EVAL Windows-Service needs permission to use a specific URL if it fulfils the named criteria. Otherwise the startup-procedure of the BiG EVAL Windows Service fails with an access denied error in the Logfiles (How to access the logfiles).
To register your URL follow these steps:
- Configure the URL you want to use in the appsettings.json file of BiG EVAL (How to edit the appsettings.json file).
- Open a command line or powershell window with local administrator permissions.
- Use the following command to register the URL. If you want to register more than one URL (this is possible for some specific scenarios), you need to run the command for each URL separately.
netsh http add urlacl url=https://demo.bigeval.com:443/ user=DOMAINSERVICEACCOUNT
- Please note the exact notation. Especially, do not forget the slash after the HTTP-Port.
- Use the Service-Account of BiG EVAL as the user-parameter.