Updating BiG EVAL
You can use the same setup-package whether you install a new BiG EVAL instance or you are updating an existing one. The setup-package recognizes by itself whether to install or upate the instance.
We recommend to make a backup of your BiG EVAL server and BiG EVAL database before starting the update procedure.
Please ensure you have a backup of your appsettings.json file that can be found in the installation-directory of BiG EVAL.
- You need local administrator permissions on the BiG EVAL server to install an upate.
- You need the username and the password of the BiG EVAL service account.
Downloading the Setup-package
You can download the setup-package of BiG EVAL from the following URL: https://bigeval.com/downloads/
Please ensure that the downloaded file is not blocked by Windows by opening the Properties-Dialog of the file in Windows Explorer. There you may see a button or a checkbox “Block” respectively “Unblock”.
Unzipping the Setup-package
Unzip the downloaded ZIP-file on the BiG EVAL server.
Running the Setup
- Start the setup by double-clicking on BiGeval.exe
- Read and accept the license agreement and click on “Install”.
- The setup needs local administrator permissions. Therefore the setup asks for that if needed. Please login as administrator if needed.
- After a short while the welcome-dialog of the setup appears. Click on “Next”.
- Read and accept the license agreement and click on “Next”.
- Accept the default installation folder and click on “Next”.
- Enter the username and the password of the BiG EVAL service account. Please note that it is in the format DOMAIN\USERNAME. The installation doesn’t work when you don’t specify the domain.
- Click on “Next”.
- Start the installation with the “Install” button.
- When the installation is done, a brower window may open and you reach the login-screen of BiG EVAL. Depending on the update-package, you may need to do further configuration-steps there. Follow the instructions.