Availability: since Release 2.8.0
Make.com is a service that helps you create automated workflows across different applications, including Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Office365, OneDrive, Atlassian Jira, and thousands of other applications and services. You can integrate BiG EVAL with Make.com to trigger automated workflows (=scenario) depending on your data validation outcome or events.
- Creating Outlook or Asana tasks for data stewards to fix erroneous data.
- Feeding data quality information to an AI model.
- Posting a message to Microsoft Teams or Slack.
- Writing data quality information to a Google Sheet, an Excel file or even a relational database.
- Creating a ticket in Atlassian Jira.
- Enriching CRM contacts with data quality seals.
Connecting Make.com to BiG EVAL
Instead of connecting BiG EVAL to Make.com, you do the vice versa. While you configure the integration within Make.com, they provide a webhook on their servers. Make.com then automatically creates an integration within BiG EVAL that connects to that webhook. This requires, that the BiG EVAL REST API gets securily published to the public internet (see prerequisites below). Otherwise, Make.com wouldn’t be able to create the integration within your BiG EVAL.
- Expose the REST API of BiG EVAL to the public internet by following our guidelines to ensure the most secure implementation.
- Setup a Make.com Account.
Step 1 – Setup an API Client
Add an API Client dedicated to Make.com to your BiG EVAL and give it the needed permissions.
- Open System -> Usermanagement in BiG EVAL.
- Activate the Register “API Clients”.
- Add a new API Client using the following settings:
- Name: any name you want (e.g. Make.com Client).
- OAuth2 Flow: authorization_code
- Access Token Lifetime: 30 days (or any other value)
- Client Redirect URI’s: Add the following URL (make.com was formerly named integromat, why that url is still on the integromat.com domain)
- Make note of the Client ID and Client Secret
Step 2 – Setup a Connection in Make.com
The next step is to setup the connection to your BiG EVAL instance within Make.com.
- Login into make.com.
- Create a new scenario.
- Click on the scenario trigger (the large plus sign in the middle of the designer)
- Search for “BiG EVAL” and select it.
- Choose one of the triggers. For example “Watch Testsuite Finished”.
- Add a new webhook by clicking on the Add-button.
- Enter a name for the webhook.
- On the left of the connection-dropdown click on “Add” to create a new connection.
- Enter the requested information for creating the connection.
- URL: The URL you use to open BiG EVAL in your browser (e.g. https://bigeval.mycompany.com)
Important: Do not add the trailing slash / at the end of the URL.
- Client ID: from the API Client you created in Step 1.
- Client Secret: from the API Client you created in Step 1.
- Click on the Save button to create the connection.
- A Popup opens that asks for your consent abou that connection. You need to approve the access to BiG EVAL resources by clicking on “Yes, Allow”.
- Click on the Save button to create the webhook.